BECOMING THE PERSON FOR THE SUCCESS YOU DESIRE IN YOUR MARRIAGE.
Text: 2 Timothy 2:15
“Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.”
* Many don’t seem to realize that marriage is work…
* As much work as that their business, career, job or Ministry, infact.
* There is nothing you want to achieve in this life that does not require work – including success in marriage.
* And because #marriage is work, it requires massive investments…
* Your person, time, energy, resources, and all.
* The more of these you invest into your marriage, the greater the success, beauty, peace and joy of your marriage.
* Every marriage is destined by God to be great…
* But unfortunately, not every couple puts in what is required to achieve that greatness.
* Your diligent investments into your marriage is what makes the difference.
* If you have a poor and nonchalant attitude towards your marriage, it can never be a profitable and successful marriage as God designed it to be.
* Proverbs 14:23 says, ” In all labour there is profit…”
* Also, Ecclesiastes 4:9 says,
“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.”
* God designed marriage for profit – both for him, for you and for his world of humanity…
2. YOUR SPOUSE IS NOT THE PROBLEM!
* Many are suffering so much frustration in their marriage.
* And it’s sad that they very quickly consider separation, or divorce as the way out.
* And there is this deception, where the husband believes it’s his wife that is the problem…
* And the wife is there also, strongly convinced that her husband is the problem.
* So the husband is wishing his wife would change and become a better wife…
* While the wife is earnestly desiring, and even praying for her husband to change.
* Most of the time what they actually want is for the other to squeeze into their own mold…
* So much so that it almost becomes impossible for either of them to see and accept the other for who he or she is.
* As long as the husband, or the wife is not fitting into their dream husband or wife, the marriage, as far as they’re concerned, is not working…How selfish!
2.WHO ARE YOU? * The question however is: who are you?
* What kind of a husband /wife are you?
* What kind of personality are you doing marriage with?
* Do you even know what it means to be a husband/wife?
* Who did you learn it from?
* There is a person to be for the success you desire and long for in your marriage.
* Are you that person?
* What kind of husband /wife would you say you are?
* Examine yourself! Read :
– Haggai 1:5
– 1Corinthians 11:28
– Matthew 7:3
3. THERE IS WHO TO BECOME…
* There is a quality of person you must become to achieve the success you desire in your marriage.
* You can’t be doing marriage with a quality of personality and character below what is required of you, and expect your marriage to work.
* Jeremiah 5:4 says,
“But what can we expect from the poor? They are ignorant. They don’t know the ways of the Lord. They don’t m God’s laws.”
* There is who to be to succeed as a husband – you must be a husband.
* And there is who to be to succeed as a wife – you must be a wife.
* If you choose to remain anyhow, you can kiss a good marriage goodbye – it’s not for you.
* In any area you want more results, you have a responsibility to become more than you presently are…Read 2 Peter 1:5-8.
* It’s no use waiting for things to change, or for the other person to change.
* Change places on you the personal responsibility of self examination, self discipline and self improvement.
* I always say that when you expand your knowledge base, you automatically increase your success rate.
* Stop blaming somebody else for why things are not working…Take responsibility!
* It may even be that the person you’re waiting for to see better results, believe they have done all they know to do…
* So you keep waiting in vain…And Proverbs 13:12 says:
“Hope defered makes the heart sick…”
* So, depression, bitterness, intolerance and aggression set in… * And your marriage begins to take a nose dive…
4. CHANGE YOU!
* But my message for you today is, if your spouse refuses to change…
* Instead of giving up on him/her, or your marriage, you, do something…
* Change the you that you’ve been doing marriage with…
* Strive to master your emotion,s, your appetites, your negative inclinations, habits or even addiction.
* Don’t say, that’s who I am, or, I can’t help it – Of course you can! Philippians 4:13 says,
“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”
* Let self discipline be your watch word – Galatians 5:22-23.
* Be resolute and undaunted about it…
* Refuse to be discouraged… and see things begin to change for good…As God’s reward for your labour of love.
#marriageiswork #marriage #husbandandwife #relationship