SCHOOL OF MINISTRY – with Dr Ada Ezeka
WALKING IN POWER
Text: 1 Corinthians 4:20
“For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.”
You see, walking in power is a must for everyone called into Ministry.
Ministry without commensurate power is, basically, the reason for the frustration and struggles many who are in Ministry are suffering today, I tell you!
Micah 3:8 says…”But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the Lord…”
It’s the only way to do Ministry with results that not even the devil can deny!
In his earthly Ministry, Jesus walked in power…He was anointed with the Holy Ghost and with power…He knew it, and walked and operated in the consciousness of it always…That was why he was able to accomplish so much with it…Acts 10: 38 tells us so…
“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
WHAT KIND OF POWER?
Now, what kind of power are we talking about here? Because there is power, and there is power…
What kind of power are you required to walk in, to ensure that you make full proof of the Ministry you have been called into…with results that transcend generations?
Walking in power is about walking in…
1. The power of his resurrection
Read: Ephesians 1:19-21; Philippians 3:10.
2. The power of the Kingdom
Read Colossians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 4:20
3. The power of your sonship
Read Romans 1:4; John 1:12-13; 1 John 3:2
4. The power of the Spirit
Read Acts 1:8; Micah 3:8; 1 John 2:20 & 27; Acts 4:31 & 33; Luke 4: 14 & 18.
5. The power of the Gospel Of Christ
Read Romans 1:16; Romans 15:29.
WHAT IS WALKING IN POWER?
– It is walking in spiritual Intelligence…
That is, basically working with spiritual information, working with accurate and precise knowledge of the truth – always – no assumptions, no trial and error – Knowing what to do always – Operating with the mind of Christ…
Read ; Philemon 1:6; Genesis 12:1-4; Genesis 26:1-12; 1 Samuel 30:30; John 5:19-20; 1Corinthians 2:9-16.
– It is walking in constant consciousness of divine presence…
Read Genesis 39:2; John 12:29; Mark 16:20; Hebrews 13:5, John 3:2.
– It is living in the scriptures (that reveal Christ)…
Read Mark 12:24; Psalm 1:1-6; John 5:39; Joshua 1:8.
– It is living always filled with the Holy Spirit…
Read Ephesians 5:19-20; Luke 1:4; Acts 6:8; Acts 4:31 &33; Acts 13:9-11.
– It is living with a sense of mission…
Read Luke 4:18; John 5:17; John 9:4; Acts 6:4.
– It is living a lifestyle of “praying always”…
Read Jude 1:20; James 5:16-18; Colossians 4:2 & 12; Mark 9:29 (prayer and fasting).
– It is living in a constant consciousness of who you are in Christ, what you have in Christ, what you can do in Christ, and what Christ can do through you…
Read 1 Corinthians 5:17-21; Philemon 1:6; 1John 4:4, 1John 4:17; Colossians 2:9-10; Colossians 1:27.
– It is living a lifestyle of faith ( the faith of Jesus Christ…If you’re faithless, you’ll be powerless…Talking about Abraham, we are told, “his faith gave him power…”
Read Romans 4:18-21; Hebrews 11:6; Matthew 17:20; Romans 12:3; Philippians 2:20.
Dearly beloved, please invest time to study the scripture references, for better understanding of this subject…
Receive grace for greater results and impact in Ministry…Your labours are not in vain…in Jesus name!