A CALL TO MORE RESPONSIBLE AND EFFECTIVE MOTHERHOOD
IN TIMES LIKE THIS…
* When Motherhood has taken second place to:
– the love of career…
– the craze for profession….
– the rat race to make more money to make ends meet, and be like “the Joneses” as they say…
PLEASE HEAR THIS:
* Whether you’re poor or rich, there’s no excuse for failure in motherhood!
* Whether you went to school or not…
– whether your husband loves you or not, treats you well or not..
– whether you’re a widow, seperated or divorced…
– There’s no excuse for failure in motherhood!
* The world is at the mercy of mothers…
– Because nations are shaped by men and women raised by mothers!
* Motherhood is a God-given assignment that must totally depend on God…
– not your emotions, sentiments, or fancy ideas…
– not on circumstances
– not on the environment
– not on the tradition or culture of your people. Yes!
– Because you’re raising that child/children primarily for God, not your people
– Malachi 2:15; Proverbs 22:6….
– He then determines what and how he uses the training you have given him or her to be a blessing to the world..
* Are you a Christian?
-So what kind of Christian are you? An ignorant or well-informed one?
– Because it will determine the kind of Christian mother you are – Jeremiah 6:4;Psalm 82:5; Genesis 1:11 &14.
* Note also that motherhood is in the home…
– not in the school
– not in the church
– not in the office
– not in the market or your business place
– Children are raised and empowered with godly and family values in the home – Mark 4:1-11; Luke 24:49 (the home is the child’s Jerusalem).
* So you must be at home…
– And the child/children you’re mothering must be at home too…
– not in the boarding school
– or living with somebody else
– because nobody else can raise your child to be your kind, no matter how rich or better than you you may think they are.
* Mothers raise and train children at home and give them back to God and the society as sons, useful adults, and as reliable family and nation builders – Isaiah 7:9.
Can’t you see?
Motherhood is a responsibility that cannot be delegated. Yes! What an awesome responsibility!!